Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Upcoming projects and inspiration!


Today I just thought I  might share a few upcoming projects! I hope to get them started after Christmas break and work on them in between commissions! Lately I've been trying to take on more challenging projects in order to develop my skills a little more!

The first is a dress inspired by a portrait of Elizabeth I, as well as a gorgeous dress designed by Atelier Angel! I'll be updating this post with a sketch some time soon. For now, just imagine those sleeves Elizabeth has going on. I will conquer those sleeves! Phew, and that bead work!



The next is a dress based on this Sakizo illustration. I plan to be as accurate as possible, though I am fighting the little voice inside my head that's telling me not to subject myself to the masochism of this much chiffon!


I'm also planning on making a gothic styled bonnet similar to the Comtesse bonnet by Medusa Couture!


I originally spotted it in Refinery 29's documentary on lolita in the very first shot and instantly fell in love. I'm considering buying the original version as well because I love it so much! I'm terrible at working with leather materials, though, and the version I plan to make will have a slightly different look to it as I plan to make it out of chiffon! I know it sounds crazy, but I think with the proper boning, it should hold up just fine. This is a somewhat adventurous project for me, but I still really want to try!

The last big project I have in mind is this dress, inspired by AP's Sugar Dream Dome JSK:


I had been considering an OP, but as this piece will likely go up for sale, I wanted there to be a little more size flexibility. It's going to be a baby soft, warm, pink material with white faux fur trim, velvet buttons and neck bow, and white snowflakes embroidered along the hem and on the collar. I'm very excited for this dress!

I have quite a few other projects that I'll be working on over break aside from commissions! I'm hoping to have my fabric stash cleared and a Storenvy opened by the end of break! But for now, I've got homemade Christmas presents to finish! Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment